How to prepare easily a puff pastry with bechamel, ham and mushroom at home. This is one of my favourite recipe, I have been preparing it since 2 years ago. If you don’t want to bake the puff pastry, you can buy it at the supermarket. In this way, the preparation will be quicker.
Ingredients for the béchamel sauce:
- 1/2 liter milk
- 50 g butter
- 50 g flour
- pinch of nutmeg
- salt to taste
Ingredients for the filling:
- 50 g grated Parmesan cheese
- 150 g cooked ham
- 150 g fresh mushrooms
- 2 eggs
- oil to taste
Preparation of bechamel for puff pastry with bechamel:
- Melt the butter over low heat.
- Add the flour and mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon to form a small mixture called roux.
- Cook the roux (flour and butter) for 2 minutes.
- Stir constantly with a wooden spoon.
- Add the milk to the pot and keep stirring constantly.
- Add salt and nutmeg.
- After 6-7 minutes the liquid starts to become creamy.
- At this point, take the whip and stir vigorously. In this way, you can avoid the formation of lumps.
- The béchamel is ready after 3-4 minutes. It should be very even and quiet compact. Remove from heat and let cool (photo 2)
Preparation of Mushrooms for puff pastry with béchamel:
- Wash and cut mushroom. With your knife pointing forward, cut the mushroom into slices. You can cut the slices as thick or as thin as you like. (Thinner slices are best eaten raw; thicker slices are better for cooking.)
- Add oil to the pan. When the oil is hot add the mushrooms.
- Sauté the mushrooms, in a little oil for about 10 minutes.
- Add chopped parsley and salt.
- Let it cook until tender. Set a side.
Preparation of the filling for puff pastry with bechamel:
- In a large bowl, add the mushrooms, previously cooked, to the bechamel sauce.
- Cut the ham into strips and add it to the mixture.
- Add now the eggs to the mixture.
- Add the grated Parmesan
- Mix vigorously the ingredients together for 5 minutes.
- Cover the pan with the pastry
- Pour the mixture into the pastry
- Bake at 180 degrees and until the pastry is cooked. The pastry is ready, when it is golden.
- When it cooked, let it cool down 10 minutes and serve it at warm temperature.
- Tip: if there is any left, don’t worry. You can eat it he following day.
Wishing you a lovely Sunday, I really hope that you will enjoy this recipe as much I did.
Alessandra Simple Recipes