How to prepare easily a strawberry and blueberry tart at home.
This is my favourite cake since I was a child. The reason why I love this type of tart is because I love fruit and also because of the combination of custard, fruit and jelly or icing sugar. I think fruits allow you to creative and to play with colours.
- This time, I chose strawberries and blueberries as decoration. I love their colour and taste that perfect match with the tast of the custard.
- Yesterday, I had some friends over for dinner so I decide to prepare this tart as dessert. So, I bought different types of fruit and only when I started to decorated the tart I chose which fruit I wanted.
- I was happy both to serve this strawberries and blueberries tart. It was gone by end of the dinner.
Ingredients that you need to prepare a strawberry and blueberry tart:
- Sweet shortcrust pastry
- Mix fruits : strawberries (200 gr.) and blueberries ( 200 gr.)
- Icing sugar
- Remember to defrost in the fridge the sweet shortcrust if you have stored it in the freezer.
- This is what I do, because I prepare more sweet shortcrust and use always half of sweet shortcrust. I store it in the freezer. If you are preparing it in the same day you are baking, of course you don’t have to defrost anything. Just put the sweet shortcrust in your fridge for 1 hour. After an hour, it will be ready to be used.
- Continuing with the preparation of the pastry. I suggest to have a look at my previous post, where I explained how t to prepare a sweet shortcrust at home. The quantities and how to prepare the pastry can found in the following link: sweet shortcrust pastry.
- Roll out the shortcrust pastry on a floured surface to obtained a circle of diameter of approximately 34 cm and a thickness of 6/7 mm approximately.
- Line your tin with baking paper or use the butter for buttering your tin for cake.
- Take the size of the pan before cutting the dough and add 1-2 cm that will be the edge of your strawberries and blueberries tart.
- Place the pastry into the pan and press to adhere the dough to mold the cake. Smooth the edge with the tips of a fork.
- Riddle the bottom so during the cooking time you will avoid creating bubbles.
- Bake the sweet shortcrust in an oven preheated to 180 ° for about 20 minutes.
- Notes: The dough should melt without darken too much.
- Baked base of pastry is ready; once it is cooled with the help of a syringe for sweets (or a sac-a-few or a tool for cakes) , fill the bottom of the tart with custard that you pulled previously out of fridge. Now, cut strawberries in half and arrange in concentric circles on the tart, alternating blueberries as I did.
- This time, I used strawberries and blueberries as showed.
- Decorate with icing sugar.
- Now the fresh fruit cake is ready. Keep it the fridge because all the ingredients that you used are fresh up to 30 minutes before serving the dessert.
- Hope you will love it as much I am still doing.
Buon appetito and Lots of Love by Alessandra Simple Recipes