How to prepare easily a fresh fruit tart at home.
This is my favourite cake since I was a child. Every birthday I was always asking for this cake. Now I can make it: this is my happiness and I want to share it with you.
Ingredients that you need to prepare this tart:
Notes: Remember to defrost the sweet shortcrust if you have stored it in the freezer. If you are preparing the shortcrust the same day you will use it, of course you don’t have to defrost the shortcrust. Just put the sweet shortcrust in your fridge for 1 hour. After an hour, it will be ready to bake.
Continue with the preparation of the pastry. I suggest to have a look at my previous post, where I explained how t to prepare sweet shortcrust at home. The quantities and how to prepare the pastry are in the following link: sweet shortcrust pastry.
- Roll out the shortcrust pastry on a floured surface to obtained a circle of diameter of approximately 34 cm and a thickness of 6/7 mm approximately.
- I add this photo to show how to roll out the sweet shortcrust pastry.
- Line a mould with baking paper or use the butter.
- Take the size of the pan before cutting the dough and count 2 cm for the edge of the fruit tart.
- Place the pastry into the pan and press to adhere the dough to mould the cake. Smooth the edge with the tips of a fork.
- Riddle the bottom with a fork so during the cooking time it will avoid the creation of bubbles.
- Bake the sweet shortcrust in an oven preheated to 180 ° for about 20 minutes.
- Notes: The dough should melt without darken too much. It should look like the photo below.
- Baked base of pastry is ready; once it is cooled with the help of a syringe for sweets (or a sac-a-few or a tool for cakes) , fill the bottom of the tart with custard that you pulled previously out of fridge.
- Now, cut the fruit into thin slices (10-11) and arrange in concentric circles on the tart, alternating the fruit of your choice.
- Here the fruit that I used : apples, kiwi and red grapes.
- You can start with a first round of kiwi, continue with apples and graves and then repeat it.
- Now prepare the gelatin that you will use to cover the fruit
- Add 7 g powdered gelatin and water: Mix and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for two minutes. With a pastry brush, brush the surface of your tart with the jelly, let it cool and let rest in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Now serve the fresh fruit tart.
- If it will be served the following day, remember to keep the tart the fridge because all the ingredients that you used are fresh.
- Hope you will love it as much I am still doing.
Buon appetito and Lots of Love by Alessandra Simple Recipes