Hello, the weekend arrived. So here, today, I am happy to share another recipe that you can try easily at home. In this post, I’ll explain how to prepare easily jumbo prawns at home. There are a great many shrimp and prawns in the world’s waters, and with modern fishing techniques many are raised where they happen to grow well and shipped anywhere. So it isn’t difficult to find this kind of prawns both fresh and frozen in the shops.
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 1+ 1/2 clove of garlic
- white wine 1 glass
- extra virgin olive oil
- peeled tomato 1 can
- saltjumbo prawns1kg
- fish stock 1
Preparation of jumbo prawns
- Wash the jumbo prawns well.
- Heat a heavy skillet over medium high heat and add olive oil. Add crushed garlicIn and let it fry, when the garlic is cooked and turned colour, after 5 mins, add the jumbo prawns. Let it cook for 5-8 mins.
- Then flavour with parsley, white wine and let it cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add salt, fish stock and chopped tomato, enough to give some colour to the fish sauce.
- Let it cook until the sauce is a little bit thick but not too much. You will see when it is ready.
- Then, remove from heat.
- Now place the cooked jumbo prawns on you plate and its sauce with some slices of bread as side.
- To serve it, I chose the olive bread, that I made. I am sure you can find easily it in any supermarket near by your house.
- This is a quick and simple recipe that you can cook easily at home. The ingredients that I gave here are for 4 people. Of course, if you are cooking for more than 4 friends, you have to increase the quantities.
- I bought Jumbo prawns at Ikea.
- If you don’t have fresh jumbo prawns, don’t worry the frozen one are fine and maybe better because easy to storage.
Alessandra Simple Recipes