I’ve got Easter entertaining covered with some traditional Easter biscuits. In this post, I am going to explain how to prepare Easter biscuits at home.
Yesterday I went to the supermarket and I saw these biscuits, so I bought all ingredients to bake the same ones at home. It was funny to decorate them too.
They are perfect at breakfast, teatime or simply when it suits you more.
- 3 eggs
- 270 g butter
- 300 g sugar
- 600 gr flour (00 or plain)
- 1 grated lemon zest or few drops of lemon essence (if you don’t have any fresh lemon)
- 1 pinch of salt
- Tip: if you want to change this recipe a bit , why not to try to add a grated orange zest.
For the preparation you can have a look at my previous post : how to make short pastry
Preparation Time: 1hour
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- You can prepare by 20 cookies with these doses but it depends on the size of the biscuit cutter.
- You can make your sweet shortcrust pastry in advance and keep in the freezer and defrost it in the morning for the afternoon as me.
- You can also divide the shortcrust pastry in 2, and defrost just one. You can use the other half any other time to prepare some other biscuits or tarts.
it is so funny and for me Easter means creativity. I have lots of ideas that I will share with you in the next days.
Hope you will enjoy baking Easter biscuits at home as much I do.
Alessandra Simple Recipes