Saint Patrick’s Day is knocking at the door, so why don’t prepare something easy to make, plus with a great result? First I thought “What symbol can represent the Irish Paddy celebration this 17 March?“. Here my idea: Clover shaped cookies.
- 3 eggs
- 270 g butter
- 300 g sugar
- 600 gr flour (00 or plain)
- 1 grated lemon zest or few drops of lemon essence ( if you don’t have any lemon)
- 1 pinch of salt
- Tip: if you want to change this recipe a bit , why not to try to add 1grated orange zest
You can have look at my previous post How to make sweet shortcrust pastry for clover shaped cookies.
Preparation Time: 1hour
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- You can prepare by 20-24 clover shaped cookies with these doses but it depends on the size of the biscuits cutter.
- You can make your sweet shortcrust pastry in advance and keep in the freezer and defrost it in the morning for the afternoon.
- If you are using 2 shortcrust you can get around 40 clover shapes cookies.
- You can decorate your biscuits with chocolate or eat them plain as I do.
I wish you happy Paddy’s weekend and a good evening.
To keep updated with my new recipes why do not follow me on my Facebook page?