Hello friends, I was just wondering if you would fancy a special morning breakfast? Well, maybe I can tempt you with this one: a blackberry flaugnarde which contain blackberries, which served hot and with a big mug of coffee or latte.
- If you use black cherries instead of blackberries, you will have a clafoutis which is a baked French dessert of black cherries arranged in a buttered dish and covered with a thick flan-like batter. The clafoutis is dusted with powdered sugar and served lukewarm.
- In this post, I will explain how to prepare a blackberries flaugnarde that is lovely or as breakfast or as dessert. Flaugnarde is a baked French dessert with fruit arranged in a buttered dish and covered with a thick flan-like batter. Similar to a clafoutis, which is made with black cherries, a flaugnarde is madewith apples, peaches, pears, plums, prunes or other fruits as blackberries. Resembling a large pancake, the dish is dusted with confectioner’s sugar and can be served either warm or cold.
- Few days ago, I prepared custard that I reused in this recipes. I don’t like to waste food so I decided to use the custard left as garnish of blackberries flaugnarde too.
- It is a simple recipe which will fill one pie dish and should be enough for two people – or one very hungry person waking up after a Friday or Saturday night…
Ingredients (for 2 people):
- 150g Blackberries
- 125g Alpro Soya Plain Yogurt
- 30g Ground Almonds
- 50g Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 level Tbsp Flour
- Butter for greasing
- Vanilla Sugar
Preparation of Blackberries Flaugnarde
- Beat the eggs and sugar together until even.
- Add the flour and ground almonds.
- Beat the yogurt just so it’s smooth and add to the mixture.
- Butter the pie dish, spread the blackberries into it and pour the mixture over it.
- Bake for 30-40 mins at 200ºC.
- Just 5 mins before the baking time is up sprinkle with the vanilla sugar.
Notes: I used Alpro Soya Vanilla Yogurt to give a particular flavour to my breakfast. Some people don’t like soya product so you can use any plain yogurt or vanilla one yogurt. Although, I recommend this one because soybeans yogurt brings a touch of lightness to both blackberries flaugnarde and blueberries pancake.
You can eat it hot or – if you can wait that long – cold. I hope you like it as much I am still doing!
Have a lovely evening by Alessandra Simple Recipes