- 1/2 l milk
- 4 yolks
- 100 gr sugar
- 50 g flour
- 1 lemon zest
Preparation of homemade custard
- Mix the sugar with the eggs, add the flour.
- Stir vigorously but not for too long so as not to scramble the eggs.
- Boil the milk with the lemon zest. As soon as bubbles remove the peel.
- Pour the milk into the mixture stirring with a whisk.
- Notes : If you don’t have the lemon zest you can use the lemon essence as I did. Remember to check that you have all the ingredients before baking.
- Pour the new mixture into a saucepan and place over low heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon as showed in the picture below.
- Once it reaches the creamy consistency remove from heat and let stand.
- Keep the cream in the fridge.
- Cover with a film. If you will use to make any tart, remember that it is fresh and must be used in the next few days.
- Tast it and you’ll be surprised by how much light it is .
Alessandra Simple Recipes