Any idea for lunch? In this post I am going to explain how to prepare courgette and prawn pasta easily at home.
Pasta with shrimp zucchini are a first course fresh taste, and is particularly quick and easy to prepare.This dish combines the freshness of two ingredients very different, but well combined: the zucchini and shrimps. Flavoured with saffron and tied with cream, which is also ideal in the cool summer evenings, and the touch of yellow as saffron, a special touch of warmth and joy to the pasta.
Ingredients for 4 people:
- fish stock 200 ml
- prawns 300 gr.
- extra virgin olive oil 2 tablespoons
- pasta 350 gr.
- shallot 1
- white wine 1 glass
- courgettes 2-3 depends on the size
- carrots 3-4 depends on the size
- cream 200 ml
- leeks 2-3 depends on the size
- Fry in a pan with the chopped shallots a couple of tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil .
- When the shallot is withered add the peeled shrimp (also frozen), let them dry for a while and then add the white wine
- Once evaporated, add the courgettes, leeks and carrots.
- Cut the carrots, use a potato peeler. This will help you to cut them very thin (as hosts).
- Cut the leeks, use a kitchen knife. You can cut in two then again intill you have many filaments.
- Add salt and let dry slightly zucchini, carrots and leeks spraying with the fish stock and taking care not to overcook them, so as to prevent it from melting
- Few seconds before turning off the heat, add the cream and the finely chopped parsley, being slightly thicken the sauce.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta al dente, drain and add it together with the other ingredients and season with pepper to taste.
- Use pepper only if you like it. You can add just a bit not to let you guests notice the difference but from my point of view, it is so necessary.
- To give a touch of freshness to the pasta, shrimp and zucchini, you can garnish the dish using a slice of zucchini skewered with a sprig of curly parsley.
- If you’ve got some fresh shrimp, you may use the shells and heads to prepare the fish stock. In this case put everything in the water and boil it with the other ingredients (vegetables and herbs)
- Strain it through a sieve meshed
- Mix with the zucchini
- Shrimp is an ingredient used very often for summer or aphrodisiac preparations, the sweet and salty at the same time allows its use in many dishes.
- Coupling with the zucchini is perfect, because its taste is not too strong. It creates a very unique dish, tasty and delicate at the same time.
This dish remember me a couple of friends of mine that I visit years ago in Milan. Sometimes I change the recipe: I don’t always use the cream or the leeks.
Happy Sunday and Buon Appetito by Alessandra Simple Recipes