Coffee and Amaretto Cake is easy to prepare and delicious to the palate. Its coffee flavour is perfectly matched to the particular taste of the amaretto biscuits
Amaretti are one of many types of traditional italian biscuits, which are so perfect for this type of cake. If you live in Ireland, you can find amaretti in Lidl or Superquinn.
Ingredients for 8 people:
- 3 eggs
- Baking powder 16 g or 1 italian packet of baking powder for cake
- Cake butter or Butter for bakery 150 g
- Sugar 150 g
- Plain flour 300 g
- Milk 180 ml
- Espresso coffee (4 espresso cups)
- Amaretti biscuits 200 g
Preparation time : 30 minutes + 45 cooking time
Instructions for making this amaretto cake easily at home:
- Preheat the oven to 160 degree and grease a cake tin and dust the inside with flour;
- Beat the eggs and sugar together into a large bowl very well;
- Add the butter and beat the ingredients together again until light and fluffy;
- Now, in a medium bowl, stir together the flour and baking powder;
- Add the milk first and then the sifted flour to the mixture in the large bowl;
- Mix until it is a dropping consistency;
Next step it to take Amaretti biscuits one by one and soak it in the coffee. You have two options:
First Option: Pour the coffee mixture over the amaretti biscuits on a deep plate and leave to soak for 1 min.
Second Option: Mix the amaretti biscuits and coffee together in a separate bowl.
Put half the mixture into a baking tin and level the surface with a palette knife until smooth. Place the Amaretti biscuits you soaked before (option 1 or option 2) on top of it as in the following picture.Cover with the rest of the mixture
- Cook in the oven for 45 minutes at 160 degree
- Do the toothpick test. You can test the cake by inserting a skewer into the centre. If the skewer comes out clean, the cake is done.
Now enjoy this amazing coffee and amaretto cake with your friends. They’ll love it!
If you tried this recipe and you enjoyed please consider to share it with your friends.
Ale Simple Recipes