In this post you will learn how to make Savoury Crepes with Ricotta cheese, spinach and bechamel sauce
Savoury Crepes are made by pouring a thin liquid batter onto a hot frying pan or flat circular hot plate, often with a trace of butter on the pan’s surface. The batter is spread evenly over the cooking surface of the pan or plate either by tilting the pan or by distributing the batter with an offset spatula.
Common savoury fillings for crepes are cheese, ricotta cheese, ham, eggs, ratatouille, mushrooms, artichoke (in certain regions), spinaches, and various meat products. The fillings are commonly added to the center of the crepe and served with the edges partially folded over the center.
Ingredients for the filling of savoury crepes
- grounded nutmeg: 1 pinch
- frozen spinaches: 250 g
- ricotta cheese: 250 g
First Prepare the Bechamel Sauce
Before preparing the crepes you need to make the bechamel sauce. You don’t need to buy it ready made because you can make it on your own and it tastes much better than the ones sold on the supermarkets. You can find the recipe in this post called How to make bechamel sauce from scratch.
Preparation of the filling for the savoury crepes
- Boil the frozen spinaches until tender.
- Dry well your spinaches.
- Pour into a medium bowl, the ricotta cheese with spinaches
- Add a pinch of nutmeg.
Preparation of savoury crepes
- In a large bowl, sift the flour.
- Make a well in the center
- Pour into the bowl the milk, egg, salt
- Mix until smooth.
- Cook small and thin crepes like mine, with the mixture prepared.
- Keep doing it until you used all the mixture.
- Added 2 tablespoons of filling to the center of the crepe
- Now fold the edges partially over the center
- Repeat it and make the crepe smaller
- Now use the bechamel sauce that you prepared before
- Prepare a layer of sauce.
- Then put the crepes in the same position as mine.
- Add one crepe at the time
- Then add bechamel sauce
- Add the second one until you complete the first row
- Make a second row of crepes
- Cover the crepes with lots of grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven 200 degree
- Bake the crepes for 20-30 minutes
- The crepes are ready when they are golden and brown on the top
- Serve the crepes when still warm
I wish you an happy dinner and I hope that you will like these crepes as much I did.