In this post I will explain how to prepare a bruschetta with Bresaola and Grana Padano or Parmesan cheese.
I love this combination of flavours and the colours of this simple traditional Italian dish. This is an healthy meal that doesn’t require too much time. In fact, you can prepare it in 15 minutes and you don’t need to spend too much time making your dinner.
Bresaola is a salted beef that It is made from top (inside) round, and is lean and tender, with a sweet, musty smell. It originated in Valtellina, a valley in the Alps of northern Italy’s Lombardy region. Hope you will like as much I do.
It is most commonly eaten on its own, but may be drizzled with extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice or balsamic vinegar, and served with rocket (rucola) salad, cracked black pepper only if you like it, and freshly shaved Parmesan cheese.
Tip: Sliced bresaola should be stored well-wrapped in a refrigerator. When it is open it must be eaten in two or three days.
Ingredients for the bruschetta bread with Italian Bresaola, Grana Padano or Parmesan cheese (4 people)
- 8 slices of ciabatta bread, sliced as suits you.
- extra virgin olive oil, for brushing
- 1 large garlic glove, peeled and helved
Ingredients For the topics:
- 200 gr Bresaola
- Parmesan cheese or Grana Padano cheese
- 200-250 gr Rocked Salad
Preparation of bruschetta bread with Italian Bresaola, Grana Padano or Parmesan cheese
- The preparation of bruschetta is explained on my previous post.
- When it is ready to serve the bruschetta, add one 2 of bresaola on each bruschetta bread.
- Then place rocked salad in a bowl and dress with lemon juice, extra-virgin olive oil and salt.
- Divide the rocked salad among dinner plates, draping it over each bruschetta bread.
- Use a vegetable peeler to shred some Parmesan or Grana Padano cheese on top of the rocked salad.
- The plates or platter should look like the photo below.
- Repeat until you used all the slices of ciabatta bread and all ingredients.
- Tip: If you like you can divide the rocked salad among dinner plates or place on a serving platter as a side. Then, shred some parmesan cheese on top of the rocked salad and arrange the meat in a thin layer all around the plate, draping it over the rocked salad.
- Notes: if you are preparing it in one plate, remember that it should look like a mound of beef.
- Enjoy this healthy dinner with your friends. I am sure that all of you will love it as much I do.
Ale Simple Recipes