This salad is a perfect combination of colours, taste and freshness. Its pungent flavour, often slightly earthy works well with the dressing.
In this post I am going to explain how to prepare the mixed salad- bruschetta bread- cutlets
Ingredients for the salad
- 250g mixed lettuce leaves
- 10 green or black boneless olives
- 100gr of cheddar cheese
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- a pinch of oregano
- a pinch of salt
- extra virgin olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
Preparation of mixed salad
- Wash the mixed lettuce salad, cut lettuce leaves into small pieces. It is will be easier to eat the salad when it is ready.
- Now cut the cherry tomatoes. Add them to the salad.
- Add a pinch of oregano. Then add the olives and the cheddar cheese.
- Mix all the ingredients together and when done, add a pinch of salt.
- Tip: add now the balsamic vinegar if you like it, before the extra virgin olive oil.
- Mix and serve. I love salads and I always prepare them at least twice a week.
Ingredients for the bruschetta:
- 8 slices of ciabatta bread, sliced as suits you.
- extra virgin olive oil, for brushing
- 1 large garlic glove, peeled and helved
- To prepare the ciabatta, brush both sides of the bread with some oil. Toast both sides under a grill until lightly golden in colour. Rub one side of the bread with the cut side of garlic glove.
- To complete the dish, prepare the cutlets.
- Tip: To give this shape you can work the chicken with your hand after cutting each chicken breasts into small pieces.
- When it is ready to serve, put one slide or 2 of ciabatta bread on each salad place.
- Layer the salad leaves or on the top or as side as I did.
- Repeat with the other ciabatta bread. Then scatter some more cheese on the top if it suits you.
- Place two or three tomato halves around the ciabatta.
Now enjoy this meal, as much I did. Any one will love it especially kids.
Alessandra Simple Recipes