How to prepare Banana Bread easily at home for Saint Valentine?
This is an easy recipe that gives perfect results every time. Be sure to use overripe bananas and the right sized tin.
- 285g/10oz plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 110g/4oz butter, plus extra for greasing
- 225g/8oz caster sugar
- 2 free-range eggs
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 85ml/3fl oz buttermilk (or normal milk mixed with 1½ tsp lemon juice or vinegar)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Creaming butter by hand
- Prepare the mashed bananas
- Add the eggs, mashed bananas, buttermilk and vanilla extract to mixture
- Mix well. Fold in the flour mixture.
- Mix the ingredients
- Pour the cake mixture into the baking tin. Note: I used a square silicone tin instead of a 20cm x 12.5cm / 8in x 5 loaf tin as recipe required. It was easier to take the Banana Bread out.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for about an hour, or until well-risen and golden-brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool in the tin for a few minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely before serving.
- Decorate as suits you and serve Banana Bread.
- Enjoy your Banana Bread as much I did
- Tip: Serve Banana Bread with is ice- cream. I bought Honeycomb in Lidl and I guarantee that he combination of Banana bread with honey flavour is amazing.
Ale Simple Recipes