How to prepare Tomatoes and/or Mushroom dressing (funghi trifolati) for Bruschetta easily at home? This can be an alternative idea to serve as dinner or lunch.
Preparation time: 15 minutes.
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Cost: 10 euro
Now I am going to explain how to make the Tomato Dressing
- tomatoes 250 gr
- pinch of oregano
- pinch of salt
- oil extra virgin olive
- 1 tbs sugar
Preparation of tomato dressing
- Wash and cut tomatoes.
- Then in a large bowl, add the tomatoes, oregano, salt, sugar, and mix the mixture very well.
- The dressing is ready.
- Tip: I add sugar because tomatoes are acid.
Now I am going to explain how to make a Mushrooms dressing (funghi trifolati)
- The mushrooms are part of the culinary tradition of the Piedmont region, and represent a very simple side dish to prepare, very tasty, delicate and light that can be combined with different dishes and courses.
- The mushrooms are a very versatile dish suitable for different uses: it can become an excellent dressing for a risotto, a side for the game, polenta, fish, or can be part of a single dish with vegetables.
- In any case, the recipe of mushrooms is the one that gives more emphasis to the flavour and taste of the mushrooms; this is precisely why that is so much proposed and used in the preparation of many other dishes.The mushrooms can not miss on your table!
- 1 clove garlic
- butter 30 gr
- mushrooms 250 gr.
- oil extra virgin olive (4 tbs)
Preparation of mushroom dressing (funghi trifolati):
- To prepare the mushrooms:
- clean the mushrooms scraping and wiping with a damp cloth.
- Cut the mushrooms into thin slices.
- In the meantime, you heat the butter in a frying pan with oil and the clove of garlic cut in half. Make seasoning 3 minutes and secondly add the mushrooms.
- Cook 5 minutes on high heat, stirring very gently to prevent the mushrooms to break during cooking.
- Season with salt
- add the finely chopped parsley and cook to low heat for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve the mushrooms dressing
Tip: If you buy mushroom dressing at the supermarket look for an italian product called funghi trifolati. In this case, they are already made so the only thing you have to put funghi trifolati in a large bowl with parsley, half sliced onion , salt, oil ( only if you thing you need extra oil)
- Cut 4 slices of you favourite bread and decorate with each dressing. You can also click on the link above, where you can find other recipes of bruschetta that I previously prepared.
- Add 1 slice of cheese first and then the tomatoes dressing (photo1)
- then prepare the mushroom bruschetta
- You can add the cheese on the top of tomato dressing too:
Enjoy your bruschetta at home.
Alessandra Simple Recipes