Hello friends, in this post I will explain you how to prepare a poached eggs at home. It is something different and light at the same time, if you are an egg lover.
I always wanted to cook poached eggs and after I saw a similar idea on magazine, I realised this recipe.
Few evenings ago, I run out food and I had to prepare a dinner. I was inspired and my creativity helped me to serve something simple ad nice at the same time. I had a bit of anything: eggs, salad, tomatoes, ham and cheese. All the ingredients where there to realise this simple recipe.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cost: 10 euro
The final result was exactly what I was looking for: something new, tasty, elegant and coloured at the same time.
Ingredients for 4 people :
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- any soft cheese
- salad 200 gr.
- cherry tomatoes 4 as decoration
- 4 slices ciabatta bread
- extra virgin olive oil
- creamy balsamic vinegar
Preparation of poached eggs
Poaching eggs is one of the easiest, quickest, and lowest calorie ways of preparing eggs, as there is no added fat. Poached eggs make great additions to salads and sandwiches as I did.
- Bring water in a saucepan to almost boiling.
- If the water is already boiling, lower the heat until it is no longer boiling.
- At this point, you add one or two teaspoons of vinegar to the water. The vinegar is important because it will help the egg whites to congeal more easily.
- Really gently you will place the egg into the boiling water. To do so, I recommend to break the egg shell on the corner of a bowl and add the egg gently to the” boiled” water. This will prevent from breaking the egg inside the water.
- Then take a fork and really gently touch the white moving it until the egg yolk it covered. Remember to do it carefully but don’t worry It isn’t difficult at all. The poached egg is ready the egg yolk is cover by the white and cooked.
- Let it cook for 6 minutes. Increase the cooking time max to 8 mins for egg, not more, then remove the first egg from heat and repeat it with the other eggs if you have.
Notes: it is better to do one egg at the time especially if it is your first time.
- Now toast a slice of ciabatta bread, add a slice of ham and put on the top of them, one poached egg.
- If you like cheese as I did, you can add a slice of soft cheese too. I used a soft one because from my point of you, it gives you a better result at the end.
- As side, you can prepare a salad and add as decoration 2-3 cherry tomatoes per plate.
- Cut them first in 4 slices and serve together to the salad; it will give your dish more colour.
- Decorate with some creamy vinegar and extra virgin olive oil. Serve one or two slices of tomatoes for each person.
- Now, the dinner is ready and I am sure you will like it as much family did.
Alessandra Simple Recipes