Potato pasta is a classic recipe of Neapolitan cuisine which has also acquired a large part of the culinary traditions of the entire Campania, reaching a balance between flat (pasta, vegetables, dairy products) and seafood (fish, crustaceans, molluscs). Neapolitan cuisine still retains a repertoire of dishes, ingredients and preparations that characterize a unique cultural identity.
During Xmas time, I bough so many potatoes. This recipe is an alternative to eat potatoes at home.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 30-40 minutes
Ingredients 2-3 people :
- 6 medium potatoes
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 vegetable stocks
- extra virgin oil of olive
- tomatoes pure’
- dried or fresh parsley chopped
- small pasta 30-40 per person
Preparation of this typical italian recipe of south of Italy:
- Wash and cut the potatoes into cubes.
- Add the potatoes to a medium casserole.
- Wash and cut cherry tomatoes.
- Add the tomatoes to the casserole.
- Add the parsley
- Add chopped onion to the casserole.
- Cover all the vegetable with water and heat the gas on.
- Add one vegetable stock or salt to taste.
- Add the tomatoes pure’.
- Let the vegetable cook until the potatoes are tender.
- Taste the liquid, because the potatoes keep the salt. If it is unsalted, add another vegetable stock cube to the casserole.
- Add the small pasta to the casserole and let it cook until al dente.
- Tip: I added 80 g small Italian pasta.
- Tip: Count 40 gr of pastina per person.
- Add a spoon of oiL few minutes before serving the potato pasta.
- Serve potato pasta in large bowl and add some parmesan on the top. Then serve on each plate.
This is a cheap recipe and really tasty recipe. I really hope you will like as much I did.
Alessandra Simple Recipes