How to prepare a potato onion cheese omelette?
- I have many potatoes to use so I decided cook a big omelette for dinner.
- As side, I prepared peas which I served with my homemade bread.
- This is simple recipe which doesn’t require particular skills.
preparation time: 15 minutes
cooking time: 30 minutes
Ingredients for 2-3 people:
- potatoes 4
- onions 1+1/2
- cheddar cheese 2 slices
- pinch of salt
- eggs 4
- Wash and cut 4 medium potatoes into cubes
- Cut 1 onion and half lengthways
- Add oil to a pan and heat the gas on.
- After 2 minutes, add cubes potatoes and chopped onion
- Cook until are both tender and golden.
- Dry them using the kitchen paper.
- Beat 4 eggs and add the mixture of onions and potatoes.
- Add salt, parley and cubed cheddar cheese.
- Transfer all the mixture to a pan
- Cook the omelette
- Cover the handle of the pot with foil and put the pan into the oven.In this way, you can cook the top of the omelette in the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degree
- Cook the top of the omelette.
- Serve you omelette with your favourite side dish.
Preparation of the side dish
- Boil frozen peas and cook them until tender.
- Pour the peas into a pan and season them with salt.
- Let them cook for 7 minutes, when the flavors are blended, serve it.
- You can also make a sandwich with your omelette.
- If you love potatoes this is the recipe you are looking for.
Hope you will like as much I did.
Ale Simple Recipes