What can you buy to have a cheap Xmas lunch at home?. Nowadays, Christmas is a race to the supermarket. We have forgotten that a good Christmas dinner just need few simple ingredients to make your Xmas amazing.
Today I decide to prepare a Tree Birds with mushrooms, roasted vegetable and Brussels sprouts.
Preparation and cooking time : 2 and half hour.
- Tree Birds from Lidl.
- 1 courgette
- 7 potatoes
- 2 carrots
- herbs of provence
- 250 gr of mushrooms
- white wine, 1/2 glass
- oil extra virgin olive
Preparation of Vegetables:
- Wash the potatoes and peel them and cut your potatoes into small pieces.
- Do the same with the carrots and courgette. I didn’t add too many carrots and courgette , because I jus wanted to give some colour to the vegetable dish.
- Add oregano, herbs provence and oil extra virgin olive.
- Mix well, adding enough oil the vegetables will not stick to the pan during the cooking time.
- The vegetables are cooked when both carrots and courgette are tender as your potatoes.
Preparation of Tree Birds:
First, pre-heating the oven at 200 degrees. I didn’t prepare the beef, I bought it in lidl: 1.5 kg (16 euro)
- Cook the tree birds for 2 hours.
- After an hour, sprinkle the outside with lard and put the vegetables in the oven too.
- After 2 hours, take the tree bird off from the oven and let the vegetable to roast.
Preparation of Brussels sprouts
- In the main time prepare the Brussels sprouts. You will boil them until tender in a medium pan. Dry them and serve with cranberry sauce.
Preparation of Mushrooms
- Wash and cut 250 gr of mushrooms.
- Add oli to the pan and 1/4 of onion. Fry for 2 mins.
- Add mushroom to the pan and let them cook. Add more oil if you think you need it.
- Season with white whine after 15 minutes and let it evaporate for 10 mins.
- Then, season with parsley.
- In a large bowl, serve the your roasted vegetables.
- Now that everything is cooked, serve the mushroom in a plate with beef and brussels sprouts and roasted vegetables.
Wishing you all a peaceful, happy, blessed and magical Christmas. See you back here in 2013.
Alessandra Simple Recipes