In this post I will explain how to prepare easily spaghetti with asparagus and bacon at home.
Lots of people think that Italians eat just pasta but it isn’t correct. Pasta is generally a simple dish, but comes in large varieties because it is a versatile food item.
Some pasta dishes are served as a first course in Italy because the portion sizes are small and simple. The servings are usually accompanied by a side of meat. Pasta is also prepared in light lunches, such as salads or large portion sizes for dinner. It can be prepared by hand or food processor and served hot or cold. Pasta sauces vary in taste, color and texture. When choosing which type of pasta and sauce to serve together, there is a general rule that must be observed. Simple sauces like pesto are ideal for long and thin strands of pasta while tomato sauce ombines well with thicker pastas. Thicker and chunkier sauces have the better ability to cling onto the holes and cuts of short, tubular, twisted pastas. Sauce should be served equally with its pasta.
Ingredients for 4 people:
- Spaghetti 300-400 gr
- Bacon 150-200 gr
- extra virgin olive oil
Preparation of spaghetti with asparagus and bacon
- You can find out how to prepare the asparagus in my previous post.
- Cook the asparagus and put aside for later use.
- Fry the bacon in a pan until golden then take out and put aside for later use too.
- In the meantime place the Spaghetti in a large pan of boiling, slightly salted water for 4-5 minutes and cook until al dente.
- Drain the Spaghetti (pasta), mix with the bacon, season to taste and serve with asparagus.
- Tip: You need a tool for pasta for draining spaghetti.
- Lift all the spaghetti and put them into a pan. Add the asparagus. Let blend the flavours few minutes, then serve with parmesan if you like or a drop of extra virgin olive oil.
Enjoy asparagus pasta as much I did. Buon Appetito
Alessandra Simple Recipes