How to prepare a salad with chicken, bacon and avocado? The arrival of spring is a great time to seek out leafy greens, asparagus and other seasonal standouts. A salad is light and contains enough protein to be satisfying in many occasions. Since I don’t overlook the satisfying nature of salads – I am seeing its benefits. Incorporate a bit of lean meat and lots of garden-fresh vegetables with a salad, and a starter is suddenly elevate to complete meal.
- 600g skinless chicken breast
- 12 rashers of streaky smoked bacon
- 2 fresh avocados
- 200g fresh spinach leaves
- 100g fresh rocket salad
- enough parmesan for shavings
For the dressing:
- 4 tbsp mild olive oil
- 1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 small clove of garlic
- freshly ground pepper
- pinch of salt
Preparation of salad with chicken, bacon and avocado:
- Slice the chicken breast into small, thin slices.
- Add a little oil to a pan and fry the chicken breast pieces on a medium high heat until well browned.
- Set aside.
- Preheat your grill (oven) to a high heat which means the bacon will get really crispy.
- Next, using a pair of scissors, make small cuts in the rind side of the bacon. This will ensure that it doesn’t “curl up” when under the grill.
- Put the bacon under the grill and – turning once – fry until crispy.
- Keep an eye on the bacon and remove from oven when crispy.
- Set aside
- Put the washed leaves and rocket onto salad bowl.
- Cut open the avocados by halving them, then cut into half and quarters and peeled.
- Thinly slice each avocado and arrange on the mini bowl ( count half an avocado per person).
- To make the vinaigrette, put all the ingredients for the dressing into a clean mini bowl, adding the garlic by putting it through a garlic press (if you have one).
- Tip: you can use a knife to cut the garlic if you don’t have a garlic press.
- Shake vigorously until all ingredients are combined.
- Now add bacon strips to the salad bowl and fried chicken strips on top.
- Top with fresh shavings of parmesan.
- Drizzle the dressing on top.
I really hope you will like this salad with chicken, bacon and avocado and this dish will help to enjoy more avocado. Buon appetito.
Ale Simple Recipes