This recipes is an alternative way to eat Broccoli at home.
This recipe is suitable for everyone, especially for the vegetarians as it contains only vegetables.
I bought some organic seasonal fruits and vegetales. In my basket, there was also one broccoli which I prepared and served with orecchiette pasta.
Orecchiette is a kind of home-made pasta typical of Puglia or Apulia, a region of southern Italy. The name of orecchiette comes from the shape of a small ear. In Italian orecchio means ear, and the suffix ‘etto’ means ‘small’. A slightly flatter version is called cencioni, while in the vernacular of Bari, strascinate are more similar to cavatelli. Orecchiette are ideal for vegetable sauces.
This recipe is simple as well as its preparation. You have to cook pasta al dente and the Broccoli, then the dish is ready to be served. The preparation takes 30 mins of your time and doesn’t require any particular skill.
Ingredients for 2- 3 people:
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- 1 large broccoli
- 200 g orecchiette italian pasta
Preparation of orecchiette with broccoli:
- Wash and cut broccoli in medium pieces.
- Fill a pot with water
- Boil broccoli until tender.
Tip: Alternatively, you can steam the broccoli.
- Add some oil to a pan.
- When the oil is hot, add the broccoli and let broccoli cook in the pan few minute.
- Let the flavors blend together. Add salt.
- Cook the orecchiette, if you don’t know them, why you don’t try this recipe. You might love orecchiette with broccoli and make it as your favourite dish.
- Drain the orecchiette with a pasta strainer and add orecchiette into the pan with the broccoli. Cook for 5 minutes, until the flavours will blend with the pasta.
- Serve orecchiette with broccoli.
How you will like this main course as much I did.