In this post, I will explain how to prepare easily asparagus with cheese.
I love vegetables since I was a child. In fact, they are part of each meal I cook. Vegetables are eaten in a variety of ways, as part of main meals and as snacks; this is simply wonderful. Then if you think that vegetables contain important nutrients necessary for healthy hair and skin as well, why you don’t try asparagus once for dinner or lunch?
This is different and creative way to serve asparagus at home.
Ingredients (4 people) :
- bunch of medium sized asparagus
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- soft cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest – freshly grated lemon rind
- freshly ground black pepper if it suits you.
- Prepare the asparagus by rinsing them thoroughly, break off any tough, white bottoms and discard.
- Cut into 1 to 2 inch sections, slicing the asparagus at a slight diagonal.
- Fill a medium sized saucepan half way with water, bring to a boil.
- Add the asparagus and reduce heat slightly to a simmer. Parboil the asparagus for exactly 2 minutes. Drain the hot water.
- While the asparagus are still hot, toss them in a bowl with the olive oil and lemon rind. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm or to a room temperature.
- Now add some soft cheese as decoration and serve it.
This dish can be a main course or second dish.
Hope you liked it as much I did.
Alessandra Simple Recipes