How to prepare homemade meat balls with mash potatoes as a filling.
In this recipe, I didn’t use eggs. Sometimes, it is good to have an alternative way to serve meat balls, especially if you know that someone doesn’t eat eggs at all. Once you’ve mastered this tasty basic recipe, you can make it your own with different herbs. You can add one egg to the recipe , boiled spinaches, just ham and mozzarella cheese. The process is the same. Have fun !!!!
Ingredients for 4 people
- potatoes 5-6
- ground beef 600 gr
- Boil the potatoes and when your potatoes are cooked, drain and remove the outer husk.
- Now, mash potatoes.
- In a large bowl, add the mash potatoes and ground meat.
- Add the parsley, 1 chopped garlic or dried garlic, salt and pepper , only if you like it, to your mixture of ground beef and mash potatoes.
- With clean hands, scrunch and mix everything up well, until the mixture is smooth.
- take a piece of mixture and prepare the meat balls
- Divide it into parts and pat and mould each piece into a roundish shape :
- Then roll each meat ball on the breadcrumbs
- Repeat it, until you rolled at least 16 meat balls on the breadcrumbs.
- Pre-heat oven to 180-200 degrees and cook until the dumplings have a golden brown color.
- Serve with your favourite vegetables.
Notes: this quantity is for more than 2 people. So I wrapped the extra mixture in a plastic wrap and put the meatballs in the freezer.
Happy Sunday Dinner by Alessandra Simple Recipes