What to do when you have some friends over for dinner? Here your solution: Pizza!!!
Pizza dough is an oven-baked, flat, round bread typically topped with a tomato sauce, cheese and various toppings. Pizza was originally invented in Naples, Italy, and the dish has since become popular in many parts of the world.
In this post I will explain you how to make easily an homemade italian pizza dough at home.
The ingredients for 4 pizzas dough
- flour 1kg
- warm water 1/2 glass
- yeast beer 50 g or 1 dried yeast
- salt 15-20 g
Preparation of pizza dough
- Dissolve the yeast in 1/2 glass of warm water
- then mix it with the flour. Add salt.
- Keep mixing all the ingredients together for 5 minutes.
- Knead well the dough and make one big ball of dough and let it rise in a bowl for 4 hours covered with a kitchen cloth.
- Tip: In order to help it to rise at perfection, you need a room temperature from 24- 30 degree. Otherwise the yeast won’t have any effect on the rising. In my case, I left the dough in front a radiator to stimulate the rising.
- When risen, cut the dough in 4 parts like 4 balls as picture shows.
- Roll the dough out spreading each ball.
- Tip: To avoid the dough sticking to the rolling pin or to the plain surface, spread some flour on the working surface.
- Bake each pizza for 15 minutes at 200 °C.
Notes: some advices to make the dough at its best
- I recommend to roll out each one from 0.4 to 0.8 cm.
- I suggest to prepare the dough in advance. If you want to use it another time, you can freeze the dough in your freezer.
- Remember to defrost it in the fridge in advance (the morning for the evening)
I love preparing dough at home at least once a week, because I know that it is made with natural ingredients.
Hope you will enjoy baking pizza at home as much I do.
To keep updated with my new recipes why do not follow me on my Facebook page?
Ale Simple Recipes