Cookies or biscuits are not just for children. Try serving these sophisticated coconut biscuits with hot chocolate or tea in the afternoon or after dinner with a glass of sweet wine for example : L’Orcio.
L’Orcio is my favourite one. It is sweet wine flavored with wine and cherries. I discovered one thanks to my dad 3 years ago. It is produced near by Ancona, which is the capital of my region, Marche.
Today, I will explain how to prepare coconut biscuits at home for you children or yourself.
- Cooking: 15 mins
- Preparation: 30 mins
- Per serving: 175 Kcal
- 215 gr plain flour
- 7 tablespoons butter, softened and cut into pieces
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 5 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
For the baking sheets:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
Preparation of coconut biscuits:
- Sift the flour into a bowl and make a well in the centre.
- Put the butter, desiccated coconut, superfine sugar, whole egg and yolk into the well.
- Knead the ingredients with your fingertips until well mixed.
- Shape into a ball and wrap in cling film. Then refrigerate in the least cold part of the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Place the cookies dough on a work surface and shape it into cylinders about 10 centimetres long and 2.5 centimetres in diametres. Wrap each cylinder with cling-film and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Remove from the refrigerator and discard the cling-film.
- Roll each cylinders in the granulated sugar several times; slice into 1- centimetre thick circles.
- Grease and flour 2 baking sheets. Place the rounds on it, well spaced apart, and bake in a preheated oven, 180 degree Celsius, for 15 minutes.
The amazing state and the sophistication of these coconut biscuits make them suitable for a after dinner with a glass of sweet wine or tea break too.
Hope you will enjoy them as much I did.
Alessandra Simple Recipes