It is almost lunch time and you might wonder what to do today. Sometimes I have the same thought, especially when I have to cook pepper. So, I had this idea that become a recipe that I am going to explain in this post.
In this post I am going to tell you how to prepare stuffed peppers with rice and cheese easily at home.
Ingredients for 4 people:
- pepper 3 (red or yellow)
- 160 g rice
- tunna 160 gr
- 1 onions
- parsley, chives
- 4 tsp olive oil
- Peppers are vegetables originating in South America from the fleshy pulp greenish at first, but that, once reached maturity, can take on a yellow or red. They, consisting of 90% water, are low in calories and very rich in vitamin C and are grown worldwide for their versatility in a variety of dishes.
Some people don’t not easily digest the peppers. There are different way to cook peppers, so let’s see now as roast and strip :
- For roasting them in the oven, place them on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes at 250 ° remembering to turn them from time to time.
- the cooking time depends on the size of the pepper. They are grilled when the skin of peppers will be dark outside.
As for cooking on stove, instead, put them in a pan previously heated, turning occasionally, until the skin has taken on a nice brown color. Usually the cooking time is 15-20 minutes, but it depends on the size of peppers.
- At this point take the still hot peppers and place in a plastic bag for food.
- Close the bag completely for at least 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes open the bag, pull out the peppers, place it on a cutting board and remove the stem with a piece of boxcutter sharp and pointed.
- Take the peppers and remove all the skin that surely will come off very easily.
- Cut away the white filaments and all the seeds that are inside the peppers. You can use your fingers to do do. Alternatively you can remove the seeds from the pepper passing too quickly under cold water.
Preparation of stuffed peppers
- Cook the rice al dente (to the bite). Let it to cool down.
- Chop and fry an onion with oil, add the rice and toast it, stirring, for 3 minutes.
- Add parmesan cheese, tuna drained and chopped to a pan and cook for 4 minutes
- Add a little of boiling water if necessary, then season the mixture with a tablespoon of chopped parsley and chives and some salt as required.
- Fill the peppers with the rice and mixture of tuna and cheese
- Place them in a baking dish and finish baking filled peppers at 150 degrees for one hour, covering the top with more parmesan.
When it is golden, serve it.
Buon pranzo (Enjoy your meal) by Alessandra Simple Recipes