I mostly prefer to buy fresh fish, of course, because fresh fish has an unique taste. However, few weeks ago while I was shopping in my local supermarket in Dublin, called Lidl, I bought two packages of Skin-On Zander Fillets a Deluxe exclusive range. Below how the package looks like:
This simple fish dish recipe is so delicious and fresh that nobody will suspect you bought it from the Freezer aisle. Serve it hot on a cool evening or at room temperature on a warm afternoon, you will get the appreciation from your guests, and yourself too.
Make the most of abundant seasonal products with this fresh dish: potatoes, cherries tomatoes, garlic, parsley and black olives. A side made with roasted potatoes adds a richness and shot of vibrant yellow colour.
Zander Fillets Recipe. Ingredients for 2:
- 450 gr frozen Skin-On Zander Fillets;
- 4 – 5 cherries tomatoes, chopped;
- 10-15 black olives, cut them round;
- 1 chopped garlic gloved;
- 2 Table spoon of Olive oil;
- Salt to taste;
- Rosemary to taste;
- Parsley to taste;
- 6 medium size potatoes.
Preparation of Zander fillets with roasted potatoes
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over a medium-high heat,
- Add the garlic, black olive and fry for 1-2 minutes. Add the chopped tomatoes and fry for 2-3 minutes
- Add the zander in the same frying pan. Skin-side down and fry for about three minutes.
- Add salt, chopped parsley and rosemary to taste
- Carefully turn over, then cook on the other side for 2-3 minutes or until cooked through. Set aside and keep warm.
Preparation of the roasted potatoes:
- Put a roasting tin in the oven (one big enough to take the potatoes in a single layer) and heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6.
- Peel the potatoes and cut each into 4 even-sized pieces if they are medium size, 2-3 if smaller (5 cm pieces).
- Roast the potatoes for 15 mins, then take them out of the oven and turn them over. Roast for another 15 mins and turn them over again.
- Put them back in the oven for another 10-20 mins, or however long it takes to get them really golden and crisp. The colouring will be uneven, which is what you want.
- Scatter with salt and serve straight away.
Now serve 2 pieces of Zander fillets with some roasted potatoes.
If you’d like to see some stills, scroll down.