How to prepare linguine with pears, nuts and gorgonzola cheese. I tested how good is the pear with the gorgonzola cheese and here it the recipe of the day. I wanted to give an Italian twist using gorgonzola or similar. If you prefer a very strong cheese, I recommend: Roquefort. Enjoy it, I have thoroughly enjoyed it!
Other cheeses: you can use stilton too. If it is too strong for your taste, try using a milder blue cheese such as dolcelatte, or swap half the stilton in the recipe for some creamy, mild mascarpone.
Ingredients for 2:
- 180 g linguine;
- 150 g of pears
- 1 dl fresh cream;
- 50 grams of gorgonzola cheese
- 4 roasted nuts;
- 1 knob of butter;
- salt and pepper
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and chopped pears until golden.
- Add walnuts previously toasted.
- Add the crumbled Gorgonzola cheese and cream
- Let the flavors blend
- Season with salt and pepper
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Dip the linguine in boiling water and salt and let boil. Drain the linguine al dente and reserve some cooking water.
- Stir in the linguine in pan with the sauce along with a little of the cooking water.
- Then sprinkle with the toasted walnuts to serve.
The linguine with pears, walnuts and gorgonzola are served! I hope you will like this pasta dish as much I did.
Alessandra Simple Recipes